Top universities in the U.S. are losing millions of dollars from donors who demand that only a pro-Israel view is acceptable, and if schools do not crack down on any opposing views, they should go out of business.
Marc Rowan, the co-founder of Apollo Global Management, and Leslie Wexner, the head of Limited Brands, both called on tougher responses to students protesting against Israel, the Financial Times reported.
Liz Magill, the president of the University of Pennsylvania, was one of the presidents who came under fire from these billionaires. She apologized for not speaking out against the Hamas attack and antisemitism earlier.
The report noted that her apology was insufficient to billionaires like Ronald Lauder, who said he was pulling funding from the school after it was revealed that there was a Palestinian literature festival held on the campus.
Daddy’s boy Jon Huntsman, the former U.S. ambassador to China, told the paper that he was closing his checkbook, the report said.
Wexner, who was criticized for helping to create pedophile Jeffery Epstein, told Harvard that he will formally end his financial relationship with the school.
TRENDPOST: Lynn Pasquerella, the head of the American Association of Colleges and Universities, told the FT that there is a demand for people to pick sides. She told the paper that college presidents expressed to her that they knew there would be anger, but the vitriol has been “extreme.”
“Doxing students to never hire them and threatening to withdraw money because of a viewpoint is antithetical to American higher education.”
College students and progressive politicians learned what happens when you speak out against Israel: you are destroyed.
Bill Ackman, the hedge fund manager, posted on X that he wanted Harvard to release the names of the students who signed on to a letter blaming Israel for the Hamas attack to make sure that he never hires them. He was followed by about a dozen CEOs who agreed with him.
Idan Ofer, an Israeli billionaire, also told CNN that he was stepping down because Harvard did not prove to him that they were sufficiently pro-Israel.
Since the post, students who signed the letter were “doxxed” and a truck drove around campus with their names and photos. Above their photos read: “Harvard’s leading antisemites.”
In the U.S., you are encouraged to be anti-Palestinian.
Even law firms do not respect free speech.
The FT noted that Davis Polk withdrew job offers to three Harvard and Columbia law school graduates who were linked to pro-Palestinian statements.
TREND FORECAST: As we have noted, Censorship has become the way of the West. See:
● “MEDIA CENSORSHIP TREND TO ESCALATE” (19 Sep 2018)
● “CENSORSHIP 2019” (11 Dec 2018)
● “U.S. MEDIA CENSORSHIP” (21 Jan 2020)
● “FACEBOOK: FU, WE’LL TELL YOU” (6 Oct 2020)
● “URGENT NOTICE TO READERS” (20 Oct 2020)
● “ALL THE PRESIDENT’S APPS: TECH COUP 2021” (19 Jan 2021)
● “U.S. GOVERNMENT CROSSING THE CONSTITUTIONAL LINE” (23 Feb 2021)
● “CONGRESS PRESSURES BIG TECH TO CENSOR EVEN MORE” (30 Mar 2021)
● “GAINING FREEDOM FROM THE TECHNOCRACY” (20 Jul 2021)
● “GOVERNMENT: FREE SPEECH IS BAD FOR YOUR HEALTH” (21 Sep 2021)
● “GOOGLE CENSORSHIP: DON’T DOUBT CLIMATE CHANGE” (12 Oct 2021)
● “BIDEN PUSHES FOR MORE CENSORSHIP” (20 Sep 2022)
● “THIS WEEK IN SURVEILLANCE” (20 Jun 2023)
● “THIS WEEK IN SURVEILLANCE” (11 Jul 2023)