German researchers found that people who wear face masks for any extended amount of time face a number of health risks—especially pregnant women.
The report, which was published in the journal Heliyon, looked into dozens of studies about the face masks and determined that the public health decree to force face coverings during the COVID-19 outbreak increased the risk of “respiratory acidosis, metabolic stress, increased blood flow, and decreased exercise tolerance.”
Some of the symptoms that people who wear masks for a prolonged period of time could include “increased heart rate, increased blood pressure and overall increased circulation with the symptoms of headache, fatigue, difficulty concentrating, dizziness, rhinitis, and dry cough,” the report said.
The City-Journal, citing the study, reported that those people who wear masks for more than 5 minutes at a time breathe in 35 to 80 times the normal level of carbon dioxide. (Eight times the normal level is considered toxic.)
The paper noted that the researchers said pregnant women who were forced to wear masks were exposed to CO2 levels that the U.S. Navy determined is unacceptable if they were serving on a Navy submarine to reduce the risk of stillbirths and birth defects.
TRENDPOST: This study should not come as a surprise to Trends Journal subscribers because we provided factual data about the lack of evidence to support mask-wearing to prevent COVID-19 infection and the deleterious impact masks can have on the wearer’s health for years:
● 5 Jan 2021: “DANISH STUDY: MASKS OFFER VERY LIMITED PROTECTION”
● 9 Mar 2021: “DOUBLE MASK? DOUBLE-DOWN FAILURE”
● 3 Nov 2020: “FACING THE TRUTH, PART I: THE GREAT MASK-QUERADE”
● 3 Nov 2020: “FACING THE TRUTH, PART II: MORE EVIDENCE MASKS ARE INEFFECTIVE”
● 3 Nov 2020: “MASK MADNESS”
● 27 Oct 2020: “GERMAN DOC: MANDATORY MASK-WEARING IS ‘CRIMINAL’”
● 20 Oct 2020: “MASKS ARE A POLITICAL AGENDA”
● 20 Oct 2020: “DOCTORS: WEAR MASKS, GET SICK”
● 20 Oct 2020: “MORE EVIDENCE: MASKS OFFER ‘LITTLE, IF ANY, PROTECTION’”
● 6 Oct 2020: “FACE MASKS: POLITICS COUNTS, SCIENCE DOESN’T”
● 29 Sep 2020: “EUROPEAN HEALTH OFFICIALS AGREE: MASKS DON’T WORK”
● 15 Feb: “NEVADA: WE NEED YOUR MONEY, TAKE OFF YOUR (WORTHLESS) MASKS”
● 25 Apr 2023: “STUDY PROVES: FACE MASKS INCREASES RISK OF STILLBIRTHS, TESTICULAR DYSFUNCTION”
● 14 Feb 2023: “BLOWING UP IN THEIR FACES: MASKS DON’T WORK IN PREVENTING COVID SPREAD”
The journal Heliyon ran another German study in April that said common face masks worn during the COVID-19 outbreak can cause cognitive decline in children, testicular dysfunction, and stillbirths due to the inhalation of toxic-chemical build up in the “dead space between the mouth and mask.”
The most recent study said there is circumstantial evidence that these masks could be tied to the 28 percent to 33 percent in stillbirths worldwide and a “reduced verbal, motor, and overall cognitive performance of two full standard deviations in scores in children born during the pandemic.”
The Cochrane Review published research from St. George’s Hospital in London that found mask mandates had no impact on the transmission of COVID-19 during the Omicron wave of infections, according to The Washington Examiner. And masks made “no discernible difference” in reducing hospital-acquired SARS-CoV-2 infections at all, the report said.