In recent times, the economic landscape has presented an array of challenges that have profoundly affected the business community. Some of the most significant challenges include soaring inflation rates, escalating interest rates, looming fears of a recession, and a tangible decrease in revenues for many sectors…all made worse by the COVID War which destroyed the lives and livelihoods of billions across the globe.
The combination of these factors has created an environment where business sustainability has become increasingly challenging. Unfortunately, numerous businesses, from startups to established entities, have been unable to navigate these tumultuous waters.
The following list details businesses that, due to the aforementioned reasons, have made the tough decision to close their doors. As we review this list, it is a somber reminder of the vulnerabilities inherent in the business world and the imperative need for adaptive strategies in an ever-evolving economic landscape.
● Mooney’s Bar & Grill location on Union Road in West Seneca NY
● Black Horse Tavern on West Liberty Street in Girard OH
● Huntington Bank closing Cornersburg branch in January
● Guardian Brewing Co. in Saugatuck Michigan
● Sonoco Products Co. to close Fremont Indiana Plant
● TexomaCare-Pediatric & Adolescent Medicine Denison Texas
● Bankruptcy: Volta Trucks EV
● Bodega’s Alley in Lincoln NE
● Tattered Cover bookstore to close 3 locations
● Acorn Farms Reception and Conference Center in Mount Joy PA – Ceasing operations
● McDonald in Centreville MI
● Wells Fargo closing 2 banks in Virginia
● Brewerytown Beats in North Philadelphia PA
● Bankruptcy – Tattered Cover Bookstore
● Bankruptcy – Rite Aid closes over 150 stores
● Homebase closing three stores
● Starbucks on Congress St in Portland ME
● The Hy-Vee on the North Side of Ottumwa Iowa
● Monty’s Steaks Brew and BBQ Copperas Cove Texas
● Buffalo Fleece and Outerwear in Buffalo NY
● The Carlisle School District considering closing 2 Elementary Schools
● Twisted Root Burger Co. Shreveport La.
● Greif is closing its Santa Clara manufacturing plant
● The Rite Aid in Ramona, at 1670 Main St Ca.
● The Sweet Whisk on Chandler Street Buffalo NY
● Gregory’s Restaurant & Pizza Pub located on Boston Road in Wilbraham Mass
● Six Turtles Boutique is closing its storefront in downtown Sheboygan – Moving Online
● Fit Club 24/7 in Geneseo NY
● Applebee’s location at 291 Route 9W in Glenmont NY
● Arts for All of Northern Michigan in Traverse City
● Bankruptcy: WD Lab Grown Diamonds – Chapter 7
● Bankruptcy: Silverthorne hostel The Pad – Chapter 11
● Mayo closing clinic at Ridgeview Le Sueur Medical Center
● Pulido’s closing 3 locations in Fort Worth Area
● Lowes store at 948 S. State St. Winston Salem NC
● Graziano’s Brick Oven Pizza in Niles IL
● San Francisco’s North Beach Restaurant
● Bank of America closing 4 Connecticut Branches
● Walgreens to close 60 VillageMD clinics in 2024
● Flower shop in Highland Heights Memphis Tenn.
● The Bronx Night Market NYC closing Oct 28
● Distractions clothing store on San Francisco’s Haight Street CA
● Claxon’s Smokehouse and Grill in Altoona Iowa
● Ingram Entertainment Tennessee – plans to wind down operations / 63 layoffs
● Gilden closing one of its Salisbury NC plants – 258 Layoffs
● Caffe 817, at 817 Washington St. Oakland CA
● C-Viche in Bay View Milwaukee WI
● Bankruptcy: RVL Pharmaceuticals ( Several of its operating Subsidiaries)
● Petro’s Ace Hardware on Main Street in Jenkins Township Pa.
● ProMedica closing their home Health location in Clyde and Dundee Ohio
● St. Anthony of Padua Catholic School in East Dayton Ohio to close in 2024 due to structural issues
● Franny’s Farmhouse DIY Craft Parties, located at 1 Springhurst Drive in East Greenbush NY
● La Crosse’s South Community Library in Wis.
● The Sak ‘N Save near Oddie and Silverado in Reno
● Consumer Payment Startup Braid
● TB12 closing Foxboro store Mass.
● The Express clothing store near San Francisco’s Union Square CA
● Uhuru Furniture & Collectibles on North Broad Street Philadelphia Pa.
● A&N Hardware in Kansas City
● Flash Coffee closed 11 stores in Singapore
● Boots will close 300 stores across the U.K.
● Naf Naf to close 17 stores