In recent times, the economic landscape has presented an array of challenges that have profoundly affected the business community. Some of the most significant challenges include soaring inflation rates, escalating interest rates, looming fears of a recession, and a tangible decrease in revenues for many sectors… all made worse by the COVID War which destroyed the lives and livelihoods of billions across the globe.
The combination of these factors has created an environment where business sustainability has become increasingly challenging. Unfortunately, numerous businesses, from startups to established entities, have been unable to navigate these tumultuous waters.
The following list details businesses that, due to the aforementioned reasons, have made the tough decision to close their doors. As we review this list, it is a somber reminder of the vulnerabilities inherent in the business world and the imperative need for adaptive strategies in an ever-evolving economic landscape.
● Steak ‘n Shake – 8 restaurants and 16 franchises
● Hardee’s – 17 restaurants
● Dairy Queen – 1 location
● Cracker Barrel – 3 restaurants
● Pizza Hut – 7 locations
● Outback Steakhouse – 3 locations
● Red Lobster – 7 locations
● Applebee’s – 25-35
● Burger King – 300-400 locations
● Krispy Kreme – 14 locations
● Boots – 300 stores
● Amy’s Wicked Slush is officially closing its original Healdsburg location
● Martin’s Furniture in Bluewell WV
● Tailgate and Party, located at 33 Phila Street in Saratoga Springs NY
● O’Charley’s restaurant in Pearl MS
● Manny’s House of Pizza Nashville Tenn.
● Columbus Natural Food in NYC
● Donacin Dairy last dairy farm in Bibb County GA
● CVS Pharmacy 3384 Government Street store Baton Rouge La.
● Art Uptown Gallery
● Automat Restaurant in San Francisco Ca.
● Therapy Stores stores in Folsom and Placerville
● The Major’s Furniture & Appliance in Farmingdale ME
● Gladstone’s restaurant in Pacific Palisades Ca.
● Bankruptcy – Archdiocese of San Francisco Chapter 11
● Mi Casa Tortilla Factory at 621 S. 7th Ave. Safford AZ
● Pride Care Ambulance stopped operations in Cass County
● VONS store on Fair Oaks Avenue in South Pasadena CA.
● Eb & Co. Ashtabula Mall Ohio
● Staples closing its Westfield Store MA
● Gold Country Run & Sport closing Folsom store
● Zarzour’s Café in Chattanooga Tenn.
● Country Time Cycle in Mattituck NY
● Houck’s Grille in Roswell GA
● Mr. Fish restaurant in Myrtle Beach SC
● Fern Valley Strike and Spare in Louisville Ky.
● Hanska Furniture in Hanska MN
● St. Joseph, Saints Peter and Paul, and Blessed Sacrament Catholic Churches in Waterbury CT
● HiHi Room in Brooklyn NY
● The Lenox Grill in Buffalo NY
● SeaQuest is closing its Trumbull location CT
● CVS is closing its location at 1026 Madison Avenue in Albany NY
● Fun Academy childcare in Muncy
● MyGrain Brewing In Joliet IL
● ICU Medical on Granada Avenue North Oakdale MN – 81
● Meelans Market at 4886 Westmoreland Road Whitesboro NY
● Catalan Tapas Bar in Cary NC
● St. Clair Shores meat producer to close – 132 layoffs
● Espuelas Bar located downtown at 306 Austin St San Antonio TX
● Good Earth Garden Center in Colorado Springs Colorado
● Redwood City bottle shop JuiceBox CA.
● The Hudson Valley Creamery in Peekskill NY
● Windermere’s Allen’s Creamery
● Lung Fung Chinese Restaurant
● The chicken restaurant Nashville Coop in Rochester Minn.
● WayForth Moving and Storage company in Maryland closed operations resulting in the loss of 76 jobs
● TE Connectivity’s Andover plant at 1711 139th Lane NW MN – Eliminating 100 Positions
● Alan Ritchey to close its Plainfield Warehouse Indiana – 242 Jobs Lost
● Bankruptcy: LaunchPad – Chapter 11
● Bankruptcy: Drugmaker Mallinckrodt
● Bankruptcy: Christmas Tree Shop moved to Chapter 7
● The Columbus WestRock packaging container plant
● Bradley Corp. closing Marion County production plant
● Carroll’s Bakery in Spencer IA to close in January
● Toyo Tires plant in Franklin Ky. affecting 200 jobs
● US-focused Opera News, to cease publication in November
● Bankruptcy: Metro Home Builders of Naples – Chapter 7
● Bankruptcy: Digital Health Babylon – Chapter 7
● The Tidal Creeks Ship Store on Washington Street in Nantucket Harbor MA
● Raven Brewing & BBQ in Big Rapids MI
● Pedego Seattle electric bike shop in Ballard WA.
● Walgreens location at 2190 Shattuck Ave. in Berkeley Ca.
● Westport stable Genghis Khan Mongolian Grill in Kansas City MO.
● Paragon Water Systems closing its Facilities in Oldsmar and Tampa – 127 Jobs Lost
● Monrovia is closing its Connecticut location by 2025
● The Fine Wine & Good Spirits at 656 W. Main St., Mt. Pleasant Pa.
● Humboldt Kitchen + Bar in Denver CO
● Lucasfilm Closing Singapore VFX & Animation Studio ( International )
● Bollinger Shipyards Lockport, La., is closing its New Orleans shipyard operations – Moving to Mississippi location
● Danny Meyer closing two NYC restaurants housed in historic hotel
● Bankruptcy: Fintech Vesttoo – Chapter 11
● Bankruptcy: B&J Marine – Chapter 7
● Bankruptcy: Prime Trust
● Wells Fargo – 37 stores
● Big Bazar – 20 stores
● Rite Aid on Mountain Ave. in Hackettstown, NJ
● S L Corden & Sons
● Macy’s – 80 stores
● Tesco in Kilner Way Retail Park in Sheffield
● Belvidere is closing 3 locations