Absent in the mainstream news is the report from Swiss magazine Die Weltwoche (World Week) published by Dr. Beda M. Stadler, former Director of the Institute for Immunology at the University of Bern in Switzerland, titled, “Why Everyone Is/Was Wrong About the Coronavirus.”
Dr. Stadler concludes the vast majority of virologists and epidemiologists have been making erroneous statements since the coronavirus first hit and admits to also making the same incorrect assumptions at first.
A key point in the article is to counter the widely promoted claim that what makes COVID-19 so frightening is as a novel virus, humans have no natural immunity to it. As Dr. Stadler points out:
“Even Anthony Fauci, the most important advisor to the Trump administration, noted at the beginning at every public appearance that the danger of the virus lay in the fact that there was no immunity against it. Tony and I often sat next to each other at immunology seminars at the National Institute of Health in Bethesda in the US, because we worked in related fields back then. So, for a while I was pretty uncritical of his statements, since he was a respectable colleague of mine.”
Dr. Stadler followed with the fact, “In reality, nobody had a test ready to prove such a statement. That wasn’t science, but pure speculation based on a gut feeling that was then parroted by everyone.”
Among other findings, the following includes references by Dr. Stadler showing healthy immune systems can in fact defend against COVID-19, also known as SARS-CoV-2:
- In mid-April, work was published by the group of Andreas Thiel at the Charité Berlin showing 34 percent of people who had never been in contact with the new virus had T-cells that effectively defend against both SARS-CoV-2 and other known cold viruses.
- A study by John Ioannides, Professor of Medicine, Health Research and Policy at Stanford University (previously quoted in the Trends Journal), revealed a much stronger antibody immune response against SARS-CoV-2 than previously thought.
- “I’ve never seen a scientific branch that maneuvered itself so much into the offside. I have also not yet understood why epidemiologists were so much more interested in the number of deaths, rather than in the numbers that could be saved.”
- “When the first statistics from China and later worldwide data showed the same trend, that is to say that almost no children under ten years old got sick, everyone should have made the argument that children clearly have to be immune. For every other disease that doesn’t afflict a certain group of people, we would come to the conclusion that that group is immune.”
As is well known, despite clear evidence early on that children were not developing serious symptoms from COVID-19, virtually all major western countries (Sweden being the outlier), closed down all elementary, middle, and high schools.
- “The next joke that some virologists shared was the claim that those who were sick without symptoms could still spread the virus to other people. The ‘healthy’ sick would have so much of the virus in their throats that a normal conversation between two people would be enough for the ‘healthy one’ to infect the other healthy one… It is understandable that those afflicted by Covid-19 might not remember that initial scratchy throat and then go on to claim that they didn’t have any symptoms just a few days ago. But for doctors and virologists to twist this into a story of ‘healthy’ sick people, which stokes panic and was often given as a reason for stricter lockdown measures, just shows how bad the joke really is.”
- It is important to note the phenomenon of “viral debris.” As Dr. Stadler notes, “If we do a PCR corona test on an immune person, it is not a virus that is detected, but a small shattered part of the viral genome. The test comes back positive for as long as there are tiny shattered parts of the virus left… It is likely that a large number of the daily reported infection numbers are purely due to viral debris.”
Dr. Stadler concludes, “It would be good for us citizens if a few scaremongers apologized.”
The “scaremongers” he points out are alarmist doctors, media who constantly put out fear-inducing images and statements, and federal officials who keep insisting on imposing tracing apps, even though they will never work given the ignorance surrounding what it is actually measured in any effective way.
TRENDPOST: An important fact ignored by the majority of health officials, political leaders, and the media is the basic immune response in healthy human bodies is considerably stronger than the virus.
But this fact doesn’t play into their desire to keep the public scared and anxious and thus willing to give into the extreme shutdowns and endure severe rules that take away basic freedoms while waiting for that heroic vaccine to ride in and save the day.